About MapSwapperThe Map Swapper allows you to play Far Cry 4 console maps on your PC. It also loads other systems' maps on PS4. It works in coop mode too!
How to use
PC gamers just download and run FC4-MapSwapper_PC.zip on the same PC as you're running the game from. This will allow you to install (enable) and uninstall (disable) the Map Swapper feature, just follow the on-screen instructions. Keep the app running, to make sure the game will not re-load the map from cache.
PS4 players will need a PC or notebook running Windows, as well as MapSwapper_console.zip (works for both Far Cry 5 and 4). Extract it to a folder on your Windows PC and run the "Start MapSwapper.bat" file. Then follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Once the Swapper is running, visit http://maps.farcry.eu and click on the map you want to play.
- From the Far Cry 4 Main Menu, select Map Browser and play the map called "MapSwapper" (Search Maps --> by Map Name).
- All set! The game will think it is downloading the 'MapSwapper' map, but instead should download the map you picked from this website!
- MapSwapper only works with IPv4 based networks!
- Submitted ratings do not count towards the swapped map.
- (PC version only) The app clears the swapped map's play cache, so re-downloading MapSwapper after configuring a different map should download the newly selected map. But ONLY if you keep my app running.
- Maps are loaded and served to players based on their IP address. Please make sure you play the game on the same computer/connection as you browse the maps listing website with, otherwise it will not work!
- Console maps may be missing groundtextures.
- In some cases, the Swapper will download a different map, or a corrupted map instead. Unfortunately, without access to Ubisoft's database, I can't fix this issue as I can only guess where Ubisoft stores the file. That's why the MapSwapper will be permanent 'beta'.
- To validate that your game uses the MapSwapper trick, check the MapSwapper map's thumbnail picture. It should look different:
If you keep seeing the original picture on the left, you may have to restart your console.
- For troubleshooting on CONSOLE: check if the Windows PC shows any other message after "Listening on <IP>". If it does not, the console is not using the correct DNS settings, or can not reach your Windows PC (possibly due to firewall).
- If the map download stays at 0%: this is a normal side-effect of the proxy method I'm using and Far Cry 4 client bandwidth throttling. Just wait, the map will download.
- If the MapSwapper map loads a map with a text scrolling upwards, this is the original map: Either you did not install/configure the Map Swapper properly, or you are using multiple IP addresses. If the latter, try disabling IPv6 support in Windows, or use a VPN service to make sure you are using only 1 IP address.
- If in coop mode, you end up in a black map (total darkness): both players have a different map loaded, so the game is out of sync. Make sure Map Swapper is working on both PCs in single player mode first.